In a world where we can order self-driving car services, it boggles the mind how some industries have refused to integrate technological advances into their practices. Human resources and recruiting departments — consider the finger pointed in your direction!
As job candidates continue to become more savvy with the way they search, network and apply for jobs, recruiters can need to be light years ahead when it comes to the use of newfound technology. Outdated, inefficient practices are stifling many recruiting and HR departments, and many of these problems have simple technological fixes practically begging to be used. The future of hiring is here, and it’s time to embrace the technology that is driving it.
NOTEWORTHY RECRUITING TECH TRENDS
It’s important to understand why leveraging technology is essential for recruiters. Below are some trends and statistics that prove those who embrace technology in the hiring process are reaping huge benefits.
- 94% of recruiters already use or are planning to use social media as part of their recruiting efforts
- 47% of millennial job searchers are using mobile in their job hunt
- 64% of companies say they want a hiring solution that will source higher quality prospects faster.
- With a well-structured onboarding orientation program in place, 69% of new hires are more likely to remain at that company for more than three years.
So, what lessons can HR professionals and recruiters learn from these statistics? For starters, to remain competitive for top talent, staying plugged into social media is crucial. Additionally, adopting mobile-friendly processes for things like job applications is a much faster and more effective way to attract and connect with a more savvy applicant pool. Leveraging these simple technologies that are easy to adopt and require little in the way of work can speed up any hiring process and make great strides in the way of efficiency and convenience.
Secondly, a more comprehensive hiring system can drastically cut down on inefficiencies that plague the hiring process. Automation is a key component of this, and there are many hiring automation tools and software available that can completely overhaul a bloated and ineffective hiring protocol.
HIRING AUTOMATION TOOLS
To fully embrace technology in the hiring process, you must adopt tools and software that will automate menial tasks and improve the hiring process ten-fold. That’s where hiring automation tools come into play. A comprehensive and tech-fueled hiring solution will enable recruiters to better track applicants and their position in the hiring process. Not only will a hiring automation platform streamline and simplify the hiring process, it will lessen the workload for recruiters and HR departments, siphon administrative costs and help save money in the long run.
TECHNOLOGY IMPROVES THE APPLICANT EXPERIENCE
Hiring is a two-way street — the process and system a company sets up needs to be efficient, effective and inexpensive while attracting the best possible talent around. On the flip side, to get the cream of the crop, recruiters need to keep the applicant experience in mind. Technology can streamline many tedious systems to make a more user-friendly and desirable process for applicants.
Candidate job portals, automatic tools on job boards, employee onboarding portals and referral networks are all great tech solutions to revamp and redefine the hiring process for applicants so it’s not such a time-consuming drag. As a bonus, many of these integrated and automated tools make for a more collaborative hiring experience on both ends that translates into a more cost-effective strategy.
TECH SOLUTIONS TO CONSIDER
- Justworks: Justworks is the recommended PEO by 4 Point Consulting. Not only is it easy to work with and completely affordable with great customer service, but it also offers great affordable benefits for your employees. What more could you possibly want in a co-employer and PEO as a solution for your HR department needs?
- BambooHR: BambooHR is a great HR software system that comes highly recommended. BambooHR focuses on everything employees – from performance management to recruiting to onboarding new employees. While they don’t provide benefits or payroll services, they do seamlessly integrate with many of those providers, making it an easy add-on for businesses ready to take their HR efforts to the next level.
- Harvest: Harvest time-tracking is a fantastic software system for small business owners and HR departments. If you have employees in various locations, Harvest can help you track their time by client and/or by project and create invoices for your services. It also gives you reports on their work in real-time while ensuring you pay them accurately.
- ApplicantPro: ApplicantPro is an applicant tracking system that creates a custom careers page for your business. This ATS embodies customer service. When it comes to helping you get your recruitment applicant tracking up and running effectively, there’s no better system to have in your corner.
- DeepTalent: DeepTalent is the recommended performance management and performance review system of 4 Point Consulting. Why? Because it’s reasonably priced, incredibly easy to use and scalable. That means a startup or small business that’s growing can use it without breaking the bank. You’ll be hard pressed to find an easier tech solution for setting up performance reviews and cycles, taking that huge paperwork burden off of your HR department.
Whether it’s streamlining an outdated hiring process, more effectively utilizing hiring personnel, shortening the hiring cycle, attracting better quality candidates or decreasing administrative costs, the solutions can almost always be found in technology! There’s no shortage of tech tools and solutions for recruiters and HR professionals when it comes to revolutionizing and improving how hiring gets executed. Don’t you think it’s about time you embrace technology in your hiring and HR processes?
Ask us how! 4 Point Consulting does cost/benefit analyses of software systems, PEOs, benefit providers, and other software systems, as well as implement them, for clients to streamline their processes without any hassle.